The JG-840 kills in a maximum of 2 shots against targets without health upgrades. Opponents using higher level health upgrades will most likely require 3 shots. Particularly useful upgrades for this gun include Rifling, Savage, and Spray And Pray. Its important to get as close as possible to your opponent with the JG-840 to avoid missed pellets. Accuracy is a must with the JG-840; a few missed pellets can be your life against a many number of guns. You should stay out of marksmanship while your shotgun is drawn. Entering marksmanship mode with a shotgun doesn't improve pellet spread and only hinders your mobility.
Shotguns damage dealt is based on how many pellets hit from that shot. In order for a shotgun to do full damage all the pellets have to hit, meaning your character must be as close as possible to the target. If all of the pellets hit from a shot around 80% health damage is dealt. This means the shotgun can usually drop an opponent in two hits. It is impossible, even with Savage 3, to kill 1 shot with a JG-840. It is still possible to kill in two shots even if a few pellets miss, as long as the minimum amount for 100% Health Damage still hits. In short, shots should be taken as close and as accurately as possible.
- Bandolier: Not the best upgrade choice, but still not a bad one.
- Savage: Increases damage which will help you drop opponents with health upgrades in 2 shots.
- Damping: This is a waste of an upgrade for the JG. Shotguns recoil is always the same no matter what you're doing.
- Eagle Eyes: It is undecided / unproven as to whether this actually decreases pellet spread, but as information stands now, it doesn't and is therefore a useless upgrade for the JG.
- Quick Fingers: Not the best upgrade choice, but still not a bad one. The reload speed applies to every shell loaded, significantly helping the JG with its long reload time.
- Rifling: Rifling increases the optimal range for the JG, which is one of its biggest drawbacks. By increasing the optimal range, you are reducing damage falloff for each pellet. Coupled with Savage, this creates devastating mid-range results
- Short Sighted: It is undecided / unproven as to whether this actually decreases pellet spread, but as information stands now, it doesn't and is therefore a useless upgrade for the JG.
- Super Mag: Not the best upgrade choice, but still not a bad one.
- 3 Point Sling: Bad upgrade choice unless you have no other options.
- Spray And Pray: A somewhat useful upgrade for the JG. If you can learn the in between shot timing of the higher level Spray And Pray upgrades, you can drop opponents quickly and efficiently. Learn the timing well to make use of this upgrade.
It resembles the real life Franchi SPAS-12.
Customizable variants of the JG-840:
Preset variants of the JG-840:
Unlocking the JG-840 and its variants:
Criminals - Level 6 with G-Kings
Enforcers - Level 6 with Praetorians
Criminals - Level 13 with G-Kings
Enforcers - Level 13 with Praetorians
Criminals - Level 27 with G-Kings
Enforcers - Level 27 with Praetorians
Criminals - Level 6 with All Contacts
Enforcers - Level 6 with All Contacts
Criminals - Level 3 with Shift
Enforcers - Level 3 with Grissom
Criminals - Level 6 with Harmon Benjamin
Enforcers - Level 6 with Miguel Estebano
Criminals - Level 6 with Bonita Benjamin
Enforcers - Level 6 with Kaspar Danko